[section_title title=2 – Recipe: DIY Vanilla Sugar]
DIY Vanilla Sugar Recipe
- 2 vanilla bean pods
- 2-3 C white sugar
- 24 oz mason jar or any sealable jar
- Clean and disinfect the mason jar
- Dry the mason jar completely
- Put 2 C of sugar into the mason jar
- Split the vanilla bean pods in half
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla beans
- Place both the seeds and pods in the sugar
- Twist on the lid and shake
- Let the sugar and vanilla sit for 1 week or more.
There are many purposes for Vanilla Sugar. You can use it in place of vanilla extract or use the vanilla sugar to enhance flavor.
I have used it for the following:
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Sprinkled on fruits
- Creme Brulee
- Christmas Gifts
- Vanilla Sugar Scrub
What did you use the vanilla sugar with? I would love to hear from you. Leave your comments below.